If you buy your car home charger through Nissan's program, you must use one of their installers. Their minimum price with installation is around $2500, which can be excessive if you only need a little bit of electrical work done.
Another option would be to buy your own home car charger from Leviton:
With this unit, all you need to do is have an electrician install a standard 240V outlet, which is likely to cost you a lot less than $1500 if your charger location is close to your electric meter.
Recent blog posts
- My wishful plan for responding to California's water crisis
- Water rationing, Farming, and Food in California
- Alas, our hive has passed away
- 136 miles in the Nissan Leaf
- Nissan Leaf: Driving on hilly roads
- Winter is Coming
- What lies beneath? No Deposit, No Return.
- Red List 2013-Food
- Thermal Bin part IV
- Thermal Bin Part III